Please call the practice immediately so that we can arrange an appointment as quickly and conveniently as possible for you. If it is out of hours please attend the emergency department at the Tamworth Base Hospital. If you require emergency treatment on a weekend please call the Tamworth Base Hospital on 02 67677700 for the weekend rostered dentist.
If you are suffering from a painful toothache, something is wrong that requires attention. Contact us immediately to organize an appointment as quickly and conveniently as possible for you. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol are recommended; do not exceed the maximum dose.
Swellings are caused by an infection. Contact us immediately to receive treatment or antibiotics.
Fractured teeth can usually be restored so there is no need to panic. If the tooth is painful, avoid hot or cold and avoid eating or biting on that side i.e. relieve the tooth from extremes of temperature and pressure. Painkillers such as Ibuprofen or Paracetamol may help. Pain-free treatment is usually available by contacting us quickly.
Keep your crown safe so it can be re-cemented as soon as possible to avoid damage or the need for root canal treatment. Contact us immediately.
- The tooth needs to be re-implanted into its socket immediately.
- Try not to handle the tooth root to protect the fibres around the root surface.
- If possible, place the tooth back into the socket and splint in place with silver paper.
- DO NOT place the tooth in water.
- DO place the tooth in cold milk or on one side of your mouth between your teeth and cheeks
- Contact us immediately
Broken dentures can usually be repaired relatively easily. Please resist the temptation to glue them together your self as this often makes a repair very difficult. Contact us to organise the repair.